Donna Nelson, M.Ed, LPC
Monroe Office · Counseling Center
Donna earned a Master of Education in Community Counseling from the University of Louisiana at Monroe in 2002. She has over twenty years’ experience in working with individuals in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of depression, anxiety, grief, Bipolar D/O, psychosis, ADHD, and ODD. She has served in a variety of roles in outpatient, community-based, psychiatric residential, and correctional settings. Donna has a special interest in treating individuals with depression and anxiety utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
The therapeutic process is seen as a collaborative one with a focus on empowering you, the client, to confidently choose your own life path - to extend beyond the therapeutic setting.
Outside the clinic, Donna values and enjoys traveling and spending time with family, in particular her daughter/best friend and her beloved Pomchi pup – Chloe-Marie.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration