John Brooks MA, LMFT, LPC
Substance Use Disorder, Family Therapy, Marriage Counseling, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Grief, Adolescents, Co-Occurring
Open-mindedness and compassion are the foundation for Trauma-Informed Care (TIC). I help all kinds of people: kids, teens, adults, couples, families…to feel safe and empowered as we co-create personalized interventions through storytelling, game play, world building, role play, and individualized strategies designed to change behavior patterns and beliefs surrounding the problem.
I specialize in treating substance use disorder, and since addiction is a family disease, I want to heal the entire family. That means I also treat the depression, anxiety, complex trauma/PTSD we have in our lives.
My dog, Cooper, is sometimes here. He’s a Britany Spaniel who likes belly rubs and kids. I believe the unconditional love we receive from our furry companions is a powerful cathartic force in healing.
I believe in the power of human connection and community. I was born and raised here in Monroe, and we’re now raising our daughter in this community. I want to contribute to the systemic health of our community by empowering families to heal and thrive in a context of support and love.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration