TEENAGE SUPPORT GROUP
Family Solutions Counseling Center offers a supportive counseling class for troubled and at-risk teenagers.
These classes are for teens who have emotional and/or behavioral problems and have been displaying these problem behaviors for at least 6 months. This program is based upon a well researched, scientifically supported treatment known as Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). This treatment requires your teen to be in individual counseling with a mental health professional and to attend the weekly skills class in our office.
If your teen is already in counseling with a mental health professional, this skills class would be an additional service, as individual counseling is a must in this type of treatment. The skills class component will be facilitated by Dr. Jodey Edwards, NCC, LPC-S in our office, and he will collaborate with your teen's individual counselor in order to strengthen treatment and improve successful outcomes in your child's individual therapy/counseling.
Benefits of your child participating in this class
- Mindfulness/Awareness Skills - becoming more aware of what's happening in each moment, responding rather than reacting, etc.;
- Distress Tolerance Skills - crisis survival, self-soothe, improve the moment, acceptance, etc.;
- Emotion Regulation Skills - reduce vulnerability, build positive experiences, awareness of emotions, etc.; and
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills - objective effectiveness, relationship effectiveness, self-respect effectiveness, etc.
Scheduling this weekly class for your teen at Family Solutions Counseling Center is very affordable and most insurance benefits cover group counseling, reducing your out of pocket cost. Out of pocket fees are $45 per session if you elect not to use your insurance benefit.
Call or email Family Solutions Counseling Center for more information about the At Risk Teen Support class and the value in adding this service to compliment and increase positive outcomes in your child's individual counseling.
**Please note that this class does not replace your child's individual counseling. This class compliments individual counseling. A requirement of beginning this class is that your child is currently participating in professional counseling. This class is only offered to teens aged 14-17.
Join a Small Group!
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration