Life is a balancing act for many women who are expected to juggle a wide range of roles every day. Even though you've chosen to become a mother, a wife, an employee or a caretaker, it can be very stressful to meet the demands created by so many responsibilities. If finding peace, balance, and hope in your life is today’s top priority for you, then read on.
Women in today's society have more opportunities than in the past, but they also face more pressure than ever before. It isn't unusual for women to be charged with managing child-rearing, family finances, and housekeeping, as well as their own careers. Hectic schedules and heavy workloads can make you feel like your life is out of control.
Roles and challenges
-Are your overwhelmed by the demands of child-rearing and discipline? Are you finding it difficult to find time for yourself?
- Is it difficult to find time to nurture your relationship with your spouse? Are you and your husband becoming more distant and less intimate?
- Is it hard to focus on your career because of your other responsibilities? Has your workload on the job become the priority and the burden?
- Are you expected to take care of everyone else in your life, while it seems no one is taking care of your needs?
When you take on too many responsibilities, you may find that your own thoughts and behaviors begin to shift. These responsibilities and pressures can make you feel stressed, anxious, dejected, or hopeless. Sometimes you may feel as though there aren't enough hours in the day to handle everything on your schedule. You may feel irritable, angry, or depressed, and relationships may begin to suffer.
Through counseling, you can begin to learn ways to balance the demands of your life more successfully.
Benefits of exploring women's issues in counseling
- Decrease your stress;
- Manage your feelings (anger, depression, anxiety);
- Increase your self-esteem;
- Find more time for yourself;
- Learn better communication skills;
- Improve relationships with loved ones.
You've spent so much of your time caring for everyone else. Now it is time to take care of you. At Family Solutions Counseling Center, our licensed counselors specialize in women's issues and can assist you to re-focus on your own emotional well-being and restore calm and balance in your busy life.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration