Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is the only scientifically validated approach for the treatment of Autism. ABA therapy is the only treatment approach that is approved by the U.S. Surgeon General and the American Pediatric Association. ABA involves assessing the current skills and needs of the client and applying behavior principals such as positive reinforcement to develop socially significant skills.
The Autism Center of North Louisiana utilizes a Verbal Behavior approach where we are able to address communication, academic skills, and maladaptive behaviors. Our goal is for your child to run to therapy, not from it. Current services are offered in-clinic, in-home, or in your child's school.
ABA can assist your child with these presenting issues:
- Verbal Language;
- Sign Language Development;
- Early Academic Skills (Reading, Writing, Mathematics, ect);
- Self-Help Skills (Dressing, Toilet Training, Food Preparation, ect);
- Maladaptive Behavior (Tantrums, Self-Injury, Aggression, ect);
- Social Skills (Eye Contact, Play, Conversation, ect).
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration