Laura DeVasier, MSW, LCSW
Shreveport Office · Counseling Center
Grief & Loss · Anger Management · Depression · Anxiety · Women's Counseling · Teenage Concerns · Substance Abuse · Eating Disorders · Self-Harm · Addictions
Laura DeVasier is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LA #12554) having a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in psychology and minor in sociology. She earned her Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, with additional course work in Marriage and Family studies. Her career has been focused on individual, group, and family therapy.
Her career has given her the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients and their concerns. Laura’s primary focus is on providing quality treatment through these professional therapeutic relationships. She is experienced in working with depression, mood swings, anxiety, relationship issues, mental illness, grief, anger, trauma, addictions, eating disorders, and personal growth.
She feels it is a privilege to empower clients in her role as a therapist. “It is my goal to guide people to transform their own lives, with hopes this will positively influence the families and communities they are a part of.” Laura uses a variety of approaches and likes to include creative and active processes to meet the client’s specific needs. “Compassion and hope are two components I aim to include in treatment.”
During her personal time, Laura enjoys spending time doing physical activities, such as walking, lifting weights, and yoga. You may also find her sharing coffee with friends, reading, listening to music, seeking and appreciating the spirit of life, and being a fun loving wife and aunt.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration