Family Solutions Counseling Center believes people, organizations, and systems are changing and evolving daily – whether or not this change is welcomed or even planned for. If organizations and executives are to be successful and expect to sustain their success into the future, they will need to understand and master the dynamics of change and use it to their advantage. Our goal is to provide a variety of services to organizations and to their leaders to help them plan change and deal with unexpected change. Our goal is to teach our clients to master change, not to become the victim of it.
Dr. Scott Shelby offers special workshops to companies and agencies in North Louisiana that target prevention as well as how to handle serious concerns after an event. Dr. Shelby's workshops focus on strengthening relationships at work and home for a variety of topics. The workshops can be a single or multiple-session format.
Workshops may be offered on such topics as success strategies, stress management, balancing work and life, promoting healthy relationships, and career planning. Below is a list of workshops Dr. Shelby can provide your agency/organization.
Dealing with conflict
While we can never eliminate conflict from the workplace altogether, we can help you better manage and resolve conflict so that it doesn't affect your productivity at work or your personal relationships within and outside of work.
Communication is the management of messages for the purpose of creating meaning.
- Communication Styles;
- Communication process: guidelines for effective communication;
- Barriers to effective communication;
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication;
- Communication tips.
- Your Behavior says a lot about you. No matter whom you come in contact with, that person deserves respectful treatment. Regardless of the situation, you'll always come out on top if you maintain a courteous manner.
Managing Work and Life with Non-Traditional Work Hours:
- Overcoming common challenges among those that work nontraditional hours and finding balance in work, personal, and family life.
- Being assertive is when you express thoughts, feelings, and beliefs in direct, honest ways that do not violate another person's rights.
- Assertion involves respecting both your own needs and feelings and those of another person.
Creative Decision Making:
- Thinking creatively can help people see solutions or possibilities that were not evident before, opening up the opportunity for unique and groundbreaking ideas.
- Determining financial goals, understanding the basics of budgeting.
- Learn strategies and tips for cutting expenses.
- Develop saving strategies, discover ways to stay out of debt.
- Resources that can help if you're in debt.
Psychology of money:
- To understand our current attitudes and beliefs about money. Exploring beliefs about the meaning of money and how these beliefs have great influence on our financial decisions.
Strengthening work relationships:
- A great team occurs when everyone appreciates the impact each team member makes.
Managing Critical Behavior:
- Critical behaviors to observe in the work place.
- Roles and Responsibilities of employees,
- Strategies to manage critical behavior and potential pitfalls.
- Definition of burnout, signs to recognize burnout, symptoms of burnout, prevention, personal assessment, and how to implement/develop healthy steps to take to reduce burnout.
- Identify four conflict resolution styles, understand your personal approach to conflict resolution, learning how to handle conflict with others.
Suicide Prevention Workshops:
- SafeTALK is a training program that teaches participants to recognize and engage persons who might have thoughts of suicide.
- SafeTALK challenges attitudes that prevent openly talking about suicide, recognizing persons who might be having thoughts of suicide, engaging them in a direct manner (talking openly about suicide), and quickly connecting them with someone trained in suicide intervention.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist