Aaron Jordan, LPC, CTT
Aaron recently worked at Palmetto Addiction Recovery Center where she found her passion working with adult clients who suffer from addiction and unresolved trauma. Aaron approaches counseling using perspectives based on reality therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy. Cognitive-behavioral perspective focuses on patterns of thoughts. Actions are explored to better understand the client's problems and to develop solutions. Reality perspective is a cognitive behavioral approach focusing on the here-and-now of the client's situation and how to create a better future.
After completing a year of training to become a Certified Trauma Therapist with Judy Crane, Aaron has been incorporating more experiential therapy and Somatic Experiencing techniques to address the cellular and visceral effects of trauma that arise in the individual. Aaron has a passion for providing safety and security for clients to practice being vulnerable and exposing traumas that have often never been shared and that continue to negatively impact so many areas of their lives, in particularly, the way they relate to others.
Many clients do not understand why they behave the way they do, but when one takes the time to look at a client’s past and the way they have internalized events from their past, the behavior begins to make sense. By doing so, the client can become more aware of the negative messages that have been internalized and work toward challenging and replacing them with new positive truths about themselves. Being able to experience this transformation in a client is one of the most rewarding gifts of Aaron's job.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration