Shawn Downhour, MA, LPC, LMFT
Ruston Office · Counseling Center
Marriage & Family · Teenage Concerns · Grief & Loss · Trauma Recovery · PTSD · EMDR · Individual Counseling · Depression · Anxiety
Shawn Downhour is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC#5756) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT#1233) in the State of Louisiana. He obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and a Master of Arts Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from The University of Louisiana at Monroe. Shawn is also an ordained minister who has served both locally and overseas in a variety of cultural contexts.
Shawn has experience working with clients of all ages and provides counseling to couples, individuals, and families experiencing relationship difficulties, grief, loss, trauma, depression, anxiety, and those seeking better ways to handle life's difficulties. He works with motivated clients who are looking to change their current situations and improve the quality of their life.
He believes in empowering clients to make the decisions and take the steps to reach their goals. This can be done by increasing effective communication and making changes in the system that contribute to the problem while identifying and increasing positive experiences and interactions. Whether the issues are personal or affecting the couple and family relationships, Shawn will work with you to help you find the solutions you desire.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration