Dr. John Webb
Dr. John Webb, PhD
John is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Board-Approved LPC Supervisor in the state of Louisiana. He has been doing therapy for 8 years, in a variety of contexts including intensive outpatient therapy, inpatient group and individual therapy, and therapy with incarcerated and homeless populations. John specializes in the treatment of anxiety and depression, facilitating growth to parent/child relationships, facilitating healthy progress through grief, and systemic therapy approaches for relational family or couple obstacles.
John views therapy as a collaborative journey. In the same way that no family or relationship is the same, the path through obstacles will be different each time. Therefore, each client is considered an expert on their own experience, and one of the things that John enjoys most about therapeutic work is listening to stories from a variety of people.
In addition to the clinical aspects of his background, John has enjoyed guest lecturing in graduate level Marriage and Family Therapy classes, writing grants to provide for research goals, and his research interests include digital representation, gender in gaming, and most prominently, family therapy in virtual reality, which was the subject of his dissertation.
John received his PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy in December of 2020. When he is not working, he enjoys video games, tabletop gaming, baking, and enjoying time with his wife Sara and daughter Cora.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration