Danielle Smith LCSW
Ruston Office · Counseling Staff
Danielle Smith is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#16402) in the State of Louisiana. Danielle graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington with her Master of Science in Social Work in 2013.
Danielle has experience working with all ages through group, individual, family, and couples counseling. Through her experiences at different agencies, Danielle has worked with in trauma (TF-CBT), school-based therapy, CBT focused on anxiety and depression as well as mood disorders, family, marital, and addiction counseling to name a few.
Danielle has a special interest in helping individuals work through traumas they’ve experienced and assist them in living their most successful life post-trauma as possible. Other special interests include family and martial counseling. Danielle believes in implementing practical and research-based practices as well as including their natural support systems (such as family, religion, friends, etc.) in treatment. Danielle works with individuals, families, and couples of all ages and believes therapy is a team effort and that the clients are their own experts in their life and sometimes just need someone to teach them new practical, daily coping skills to deal with life’s stressors.
Danielle knows life has its ups and downs and for some there seem to be more downs than ups. She focuses her counseling on HOPE!
Danielle spends her free time outside as much as possible with her husband, three children, and two dogs as well as friends, and family.
PEDIATRIC THERAPY STAFF
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration